BGCCI has been working with the goal to improve the image of Bangladesh in Germany and Europe. To show its commitment to this cause, BGCCI launched a campaign named "Branding Bangladesh". The followin were the aims of Branding Bangladesh campaign, which worked on several levels:
- Engages with European press to challenge negative perceptions and encourage balanced reporting
- Communicates a picture of Bangladesh as a rapidly emerging market through business delegations, events and research publications
- Engages with influential leaders and entrepreneurs in Europe, promoting Bangladesh as a high-potential investment destination
- Cooperates with other organisations who share the same goal
- BGCCI Gold Members have supported by joining business delegations in Germany
We believe that when “Made in Bangladesh” is seen as a mark of quality and expertise, new opportunities will follow for Bangladeshi and European companies.
Branding Bangladesh is BGCCI’s campaign to portray a realistic image of Bangladesh in Germany and Europe to promote further bilateral trade. Over the last years, we saw great progress for the campaign. There was a reduction of negative press coverage of Bangladesh in Germany. There were also signs of more balanced reporting in mainstream German media, including in some of the biggest newspapers. BGCCI also encourages the exchange of journalists, as there are few German correspondents in Bangladesh. The chamber will support visits of German journalists to see Bangladesh.
The engagement of leaders from both countries demonstrates the profile of the relationship and the potential for further growth and has helped step-change the status of the partnership in Bangladesh and Germany.
“Bangladesh’s economic conditions are good and things will get better in the days ahead.”
Chancellor H.E. Angela Merkel
“We are eager to work in partnership with you for mutual gains and benefits as we journey to the future.”
Prime Minister H.E. Sheikh Hasina
When those abroad see Bangladesh as a rapidly emerging market, new opportunities will follow for Bangladeshi and German companies. BGCCI is spreading this message. The Ministry of Commerce recognised the Executive Director Daniel Seidl as Brand Ambassador of Bangladesh for his efforts.